Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

This is my first semester at the University of South Alabama so I have not heard anything about EDM310 prior to taking the course. I was a little intimidated when I received the first email from Dr. Strange that included the 16-page syllabus. I would not say I was afraid of this class, but I am concerned about time management; however, I am bound and determined to better myself and learn not to procrastinate. EDM310 is not like any other class I have ever taken. The only other class I have ever taken that is slightly similar is a computer basics class that I took my freshman year of high school. The only thing we learned in that class was how to properly type and use a keyboard- so EDM310 is on a completely different playing field than any other course I have ever taken.

As mentioned above, I believe the most difficult thing for me in EDM310 will be time management. I am an expert procrastinator, but it has been obvious to me that I will not be able to do that in this course. I think extensively using a personal planner and frequently checking when assignments are due will help me improve my time management skills. I do not have any particular questions about EDM310 at this moment because of the many resources available to us. I am really looking forward to this course and have had fun creating my first few posts!

University of South Alabama Logo


Thanks for reading and Go Jags!

Jennah Rose

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jennah my name is Monique and I can be a bit of a procrastinator also, so I know exactly what you mean. My major here at South is secondary education in English. I also have to find time to manage this class into my busy schedule. Along with EDM 310, I am taking three other classes two of which are writing classes. As I previously mentioned i am an English major and also a working mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The only thing we learned in that class was how to properly type and use a keyboard- so EDM310 is on a completely different playing field…" You are right about that!

    "I am an expert procrastinator, but it has been obvious to me that I will not be able to do that in this course." And you are right about this as well!

    ReplyDelete