Thursday, February 6, 2014

C4T #1

Screenshot of Deyamport's blog


C4T #1, commment 1

"The Greatest Stories Never Told: Showcasing Our Gifted Classrooms Through Social Media & WebTools" by Elvira G. Deyamport is my first C4T assignment. She traveled to Indianapolis, Indiana to the 60th National Association for Gifted Children Conference. Her presentation focused on how she integrated social media and technology in her classroom. She had a twitter account and a blog for her class and allowed the students to contribute to the blog. Along with how to integrate these things in the modern day classroom, she also talked about important safety measures such as monitoring the tweets and the comments that others leave. Deyamport gave me a lot of great ideas for my future classroom.

C4T #1, comment 2

The second blog of Deyamport's I commented on was "Animal Research Poems." In this blog she talked about how she gave her students templates to write poems about endangered species. I like how she was able to incorporate both poetry and environmental science. She also showed some poems that her students did and they were really good! Once again she opened my eyes to some great ideas for my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment