Tuesday, April 22, 2014

C4T #4

screen shot of Jason's blog


C4T #4, comment #1

Flipping in Physical Education 2.0: It's all about the videos! is the first of Jason's posts that I get to comment on. This post is about the positives of "flipping the classroom" in physical education. Because this subject has so much importance on the how-to of sports, these out-of-class videos enable much more class time for the students to actually try the how-to's. Jason not only talks about his how-to videos, but also how he films his students for later analysis. He says it immensely helps them when they get to analyze themselves through video. In my comment, I spoke about flipping the classroom and his use of video analysis for his students. This blog was very helpful and I am sure I will look at it for reference if I am ever in the position of having to teach physical education.

C4T #4, comment #2

What is Flipped Coaching? is the second of Jason's posts that I am commenting on. This post is just explaining what flipping the classroom is and how you can move that to physical education. Jason makes the very good point of "Rather then spending valuable practice or PE class time on lecturing about a new skill or concept, you can make a short, simple video that conveys what is needed." This is why flipping the classroom is such a great idea. It gives students more time to practice the skill rather than learning it. In my comment, I told Jason of how I was skeptical of flipping the classroom at first but now I thought it was a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment